Brief information about Catherine
- He speaks English, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, French, Russian.
- Develops his basic knowledge in German, Chinese, Japanese, Turkish, Hindi and Tamil.
- He understands the languages of related groups: Slavic, Romance and Germanic.
- She lived and studied in six countries (she taught the language of the country in advance).
- He writes poetry in four languages and is published on four continents.
- At the events of the European Commission, she translated five foreign languages from one to another, not using her native language.
- She became the first athlete from the memory of Russia in the international championships in memory.
- She developed her own methodology of teaching languages and cultures with spoken results in three months at a steady pace of study and one month at an intensive rate.
- She began to learn languages tightly at the age of 16, shortening the language acquisition and detailed immersion in culture up to 6-8 months to her 23 years.
Tips for a linguistic hacker
Find your passion or hobby, which you are ready to talk about for hours
Read, listen or watch materials on this topic in a foreign language, then study will be a pleasure!
Find a man who is in love with a foreign language
Speak, speak with the very first phrase! And you do not need a carrier, often the carrier is rather cold and indifferent to his language. Find a like-minded person. How? Just! Skype, Facebook, VKontakte, forums! Find and communicate.
Play with words in your thoughts, try to translate all that is around you. You will be surprised at the names of companies, products and advertising slogans.
Use the imagination
It is the imagination that will help you to consolidate your vocabulary. The brighter your emotions in relation to words and expressions, the better they will be fixed. Write bright (bloody) stories with new expressions.
From writing bloody stories to your own routine affairs. Keep a diary and write everything in a foreign language. You activate visual and emotional memory.
Try to compose poetry
Look for rhyme! So you will fill up your vocabulary and better remember the same irregular verbs in English.
Work with phrases in a single context
Whether it’s the theme of family or work, shopping or tourism – it’s easier for you to tie them together. Pay special attention to idioms and phrases that occur only in this language.
Tune in psychologically to embrace the immense
Tune in to discover a new planet, explore the universe again, from another point of view, and do not resist it.
Whether it’s capoeira, flamenco, tango, cooking, history, aikido, tea ceremony … When you contact this activity, you will feel new aspects of culture, which means that it will be more comfortable for you to practice the language.
Watch the carriers
Watch their manner of speaking, for their gestures, gait, gaze, reaction in different situations … and copy! Imagine that you are an actor in a theater, and communication in a foreign language is your scene. Play until new habits become as natural to you as your own! Do not worry, you will not lose yourself, on the contrary, with the study of other people’s customs you will know your own.
And the last: better fall in love, this can replace all of the above tips. And believe in yourself, because the possibilities of our brain are limitless! 🙂
- 1 Tips for a linguistic hacker
- 1.1 Find your passion or hobby, which you are ready to talk about for hours
- 1.2 Find a man who is in love with a foreign language
- 1.3 Be creative
- 1.4 Use the imagination
- 1.5 Write
- 1.6 Try to compose poetry
- 1.7 Work with phrases in a single context
- 1.8 Tune in psychologically to embrace the immense
- 1.9 Take a great interest in something related to the culture of the country, the language of which you are studying
- 1.10 Watch the carriers