Travel Agent Tips
- Plan a holiday at least from December 24 or even earlier. Then you can choose the most profitable by the ratio of “price – quality” tour.
- Consider non-standard countries and cities for a New Year’s holiday. In any case, you will be satisfied, because the New Year is an international holiday.
- Choose tours, based on the company in which you are going to relax. For example, families with children will surely enjoy Finland, where there is the residence of Finnish Santa Claus and a school for small skiers.
1. Veliky Ustyug, Russia
- Air temperature: -10-15 ° C.
- Visa: need not.
- To whom does: families with children, as well as all who love fairy tales.
- How much to get from Moscow: by train to the village of Yadriha – about 20 hours, by plane – 1 hour to Cherepovets (the nearest airport to Velikiy Ustyug).
- How much is: a four-day tour by bus – from 12,400 rubles per person (meals included).
Santa Claus registered in one of the oldest Russian cities, the famous center of family tourism – Veliky Ustyug. To visit the homeland of the fairy-tale hero in winter is how to return to childhood.
In the patrimony of Father Frost there is a library, an observatory, a bedchamber, a luminary of magic objects, attractions, a zoo, a throne room, where you can make a selfie with a famous grandfather. It is from here that he goes to his famous tour of Russia – to light the main city trees.
If you go to Veliky Ustyug by a savage, remember: the entrance to the territory of the patrimony is paid. The entertainment package costs from 1,110 rubles.
Bonus – clean fresh air, chic northern spruce forests, as well as a huge number of monuments of architecture and history that can be seen during the sightseeing tour.
2. Kondopoga, Russia
- Air temperature: -3-5 ° C.
- Visa: need not.
- To whom does: to everyone who loves active rest, to families with children.
- How much to get from Moscow: by train to Kondopoga – about 16 hours, by plane to Petrozavodsk – 1 hour 40 minutes.
- How much is: from 9,350 rubles per person (three-day excursion tour with meals). Plus the way there and back: on the train – from 6 660 rubles, on the plane – from 14 600 rubles per person.
Vacation in Karelia is an active holiday surrounded by beautiful landscapes. You can ride on snowy plains on husks, deer and snowmobiles, go to the Kivach waterfall, and also get acquainted with the Karelian Grandfather Frost, who organizes cheerful competitions like throwing boots.
Among other things, tourists in Karelia are fed with delicious dried fish and water from curative glandular sources.
3. Sochi, Russia
- Air temperature: 4-8 ° C.
- Visa: need not.
- To whom does: lovers of mountain skiing, but not sharp temperature changes.
- How much to fly from Moscow: 2 hours.
- How much is: a seven-day tour – from 51 000 rubles for two (with a flight, but without meals).
Despite the busyness of the most popular Russian ski resort, places in hotels with interesting price tags can still be found. The main thing is to find cheap air tickets.
On the Black Sea on New Year’s Eve it is cool and windy. But this does not exclude pleasant walks, gatherings in coastal cafes and active sports, including skiing and snowboarding.
Tourists from the regions can go on a New Year’s holiday to bus tours to St. Petersburg and Moscow. Their cost is 12-15 thousand rubles per person.
Galina Chernenko, Director of the tourist agency “RossTour”, Ulyanovsk
4. Istanbul, Turkey
- Air temperature: 7-9 ° C.
- Visa: need not.
- To whom does: lovers of walking and exploring new cities.
- How much to fly from Moscow: 2 hours 20 minutes.
- How much is: a seven-day tour – from 55 000 rubles for two (with flight and breakfast).
Istanbul is not the most popular city in New Year’s holidays. So the trip will be quite budget.
You will go for a walk in the most beautiful streets of the ancient capital of empires, you will eat hearty dishes of Turkish cuisine, you can ride around the Bosphorus, see the sellers of eastern exotics and relax in the hammam.
5. Nha Trang, Vietnam
- Temperature: 24-28 ° C (water temperature is from 21 ° C).
- Visa: do not need if you stay in the country for not more than 15 days.
- To whom does: lovers of exotics and those who have not had this summer.
- How much to fly from Moscow: 9 hours.
- How much is: a ten-day tour – from 58 000 rubles for two (with a flight, but without meals).
If you want to celebrate the New Year with a hot overseas sun, plan a flight on December 18-22, and back – on January 1-2. At this time, you can choose a budget tour to Vietnam.
Despite the fact that the weather here is capricious, tourists sunbathe, go fishing and excursions, enjoy the evening breeze. About the New Year remind only elegantly decorated Christmas trees, which Vietnamese establish in hotels and shopping centers.
6. Fujairah, United Arab Emirates
- Temperature: 23-28 ° C (water temperature 18-21 ° C).
- Visa: needed if the child is inscribed on the parent’s passport. The visa can be issued online.
- To whom does: those who do not want to celebrate the New Year with snow and frost.
- How much to fly from Moscow: 5 o’clock.
- How much is: a ten-day tour – from 43 000 rubles for two (with flight and breakfast).
Budget will leave from December 21-22 until early January and in the UAE. New Year’s Eve is considered a cold season, but not for Russians. Among our tourists are even those who risk swimming.
- Temperature: -2 to 4 ° C.
- Visa: needed. It can be issued online.
- To whom does: lovers of attractions.
- How much to travel from Moscow to Minsk (from there you can buy a bus tour): by train – about 8-9 hours, by plane – 1 hour 20 minutes.
- How much is: from 16,195 rubles per person (bus tour for eight days, breakfast included). Plus travel from Moscow to Minsk and back: by train – from 6,000 rubles, on an airplane – from 5,123 rubles per person.
In the New Year holidays you can go on an inexpensive bus tour of Europe. Quite budgetably it turns out to drive through four countries of Europe and visit Budapest, Vienna, Prague, Dresden, see the main attractions, taste dishes of national cuisine, buy souvenirs and plenty to take pictures.
The tour starts from Minsk. The capital of Belarus should be reached in any convenient way: by car, train, plane.
Also you can go to Europe yourself. For example, in the Baltic States or Scandinavia, where the New Year holidays are no less romantic than in the Czech Republic or Austria. A bus ride from St. Petersburg to Tallinn at the end of December will cost from 1,721 rubles to one side (7 hours on the way), to Helsinki from 1,500 rubles (8 hours), to Riga from 2 275 rubles (11 hours) ).
Five nights in Tallinn hotels will cost about 17 400 rubles for two, in Riga – from 6 700 rubles, in Helsinki – from 17 000 rubles.
- Where to go skiing: 10 cheap destinations →
- How to pack a suitcase: lifhaki from the military →
- 7 things you should not do while traveling →