Turn into 4-5 months in Haftor Bjernsona at you, certainly, it will not turn out, and here to please itself and to surprise others with the pumped up body – quite. Gather weight very easily, an order of magnitude easier than to drive fat and form a model relief. Now we will explain how to do it.
Muscles grow on condition that you consume more calories than you consume. That is, you need to eat more. No other way.
This problem is especially relevant for people prone to leanness, called scientific ectomorphs. They seem to be eating normally and, after reading about the principles of mass gain, increase calorie content. For example, additionally eat a chocolate or add two eggs to the breakfast menu. But there is still no growth. Why? Because the really necessary increase in caloric content is much more than they represent.
A good speed of mass gain is an increase of about 700 grams per week.
Sometimes for growth it is enough to increase the calorific value of the daily ration by 15%, but more often it is required to receive 30, 50 or even 100% more energy per day. How can you force yourself to eat twice as much? In fact, you do not need to do this. Doubling the caloric content does not mean doubling the amount of food consumed.
The food is different, and you need to choose a high-calorie, giving her 70% of the place in your daily diet.
High-calorie protein products
- Lean meat, especially a bird.
- Fish and seafood. The most important source of healthy fats.
- Low-fat dairy products like cottage cheese and cheese.
- Eggs. In the day you can eat 6-8 eggs together with yolks.
- Beans. Lentils, chickpeas, peas and beans are good sources of vegetable protein, and the first two products have a decent amount of essential amino acids BCAA, which is also good. Do not get carried away with soya, because it negatively affects the male hormonal background.
High-calorie carbohydrate products
- Buckwheat, pearl barley, oatmeal, rice, corn, wheat, millet porridge.
- Pasta from hard wheat varieties.
- Black bread.
- Vegetables as a side dish to protein foods. Potatoes, carrots and beets contain a lot of starch, and therefore they do not need to be laid on.
- Fruit. Grapes, pears, bananas and persimmon contain a lot of sugar, and therefore their consumption is better limited.
Proportion of protein, carbohydrates and fats in the diet
- Proteins – 30-35%.
- Carbohydrates – 50-60%.
- Fats – 10-20%.
- Count the calories and weigh every 3-5 days.
- With a weekly increase in weight of less than 700 grams, increase the calorie intake. If the growth goes faster, then the caloric content should be reduced, otherwise the surplus will go to fat.
- Try to eat more often. Divide the daily ration for 5-6 meals.
Ordinary high-calorie food is not a panacea. Eat so much every day is still difficult, and often simply impossible because of work, lack of time for cooking and so on. These problems are successfully solved by sports nutrition.
Sportpit is actually a pure concentrated useful substance. The maximum of the required volume. The absolute majority of athletes, whether weightlifters, bodybuilders or crossfitters, accept sports nutrition, and beginners and amateurs should do the same.
Protein sports helps maintain the daily intake of protein, which on average is 2 grams per kilogram body. It is recommended to get 50% protein from regular food, and the remaining half – from the sports nutrition. The most effective is whey protein. Take it 3-5 times a day: in the morning, immediately after sleep, and between meals.
- Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard →
- Genetic Lab Whey Pro →
- Fit Foods Mutant Whey →
In the absence of growth in weight, that is, if there is a lack of caloric intake, a geyner – a super-caloric mixture of carbohydrates and proteins helps. Take it immediately after training, and in the absence of the opportunity to have a normal breakfast – in the morning.
- Fit Foods Mutant Mass →
- Dymatize Nutrition Super Mass Gainer →
- Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass →
Pre-training complexes are additives that help to do more effectively. They include products to improve blood supply and muscle nutrition, substances that promote the growth of strength and volume of muscles, vitamins and trace elements.
- APS Mesomorph →
- Finaflex Stimul8 →
- Gold Star Black Annis →
Creatine is one of the most studied sports supplements with proven efficacy that promotes muscle growth and strength. Take it on rest days, that is, when you do not exercise, for 3-4 grams.
- Dymatize Nutrition Creatine Monohydrate →
- Genetic Lab Creatine Powder →
- R-line Creatine →
Vitamin and mineral complex
The lack of vitamins and minerals is harmful in itself, and specifically when typing the mass, it additionally adversely affects the growth of muscles.
- Optimum Nutrition Opti-Men →
- Universal Nutrition Animal Pak →
- Scitec Nutrition Jumbo Pack →
Living organisms, and the human body in particular, are the result of millions of years of evolution. Do you know what distinguishes us from all our ancestors? In their lives, there was little food and excess physical exertion, but now it’s the other way around.
That’s just the body is still working in the old regime. It is very economical and does not build up the muscles, if the existing muscles are missing, but with pleasure accumulates fat, because frequent and prolonged fasting is the most common thing for him. More precisely, it was normal, but several decades of full life did not affect the biochemistry of the human body.
It turns out that even a person who has overcome caloric deficit in the absence of physical activity will gain weight, but not in the form of muscles, but in the form of fat on the stomach, sides and so on.
Any physical load in the absence of a deficit of calories will give some muscle gain, but we need not “some”, but the maximum. To do this, it is important to choose the right strategy for training.
Basic principles of training for mass recruitment
- Perform only basic exercises that involve large muscles and several muscle groups at the same time.
- Do exercises with a lot of weight and few repetitions in the approach.
- Rest between sets for 2-3 minutes.
- Steadily warm up.
- Carefully study the technique of doing the exercises correctly.
Pay attention to the last two tips. They are extremely important and will help to avoid health problems. It is better to spend a few minutes on them than to recover from injury after six months.
The best exercises for gaining weight
1. Total weight: deadlift and classic squats
Among the regulars of the gym and professionals, the popular opinion is that the beginner has only three exercises to increase the mass and strength: squats, deadlifts and bench press. It is worth listening to them.
2. Chest: dumbbell bench press
The classic chest bar press mostly uses the front beams of deltas, thereby taking the load from the pectoral muscles. Therefore, for more effective breast development, it is recommended to press dumbbells.
3. Back: traction of the upper block to the chest with a wide grip
There is a misconception that the best exercise for expanding the back is a wide pull for the head, but in practice the most effective were precisely the pull to the chest and pulling up a wide grip. Then the pull and pull-ups are followed by a back grip.
4. Quadriceps: squats with a barbell on the chest
Weight shift forward removes the load from the hamstrings and buttocks biceps, transferring it to quadriceps.
5. Biceps hips and buttocks: Romanian (dead) traction
From the classical stanovoy Romanian thrust differs in that it is performed on straight legs from the middle of the knees. Roughly speaking, this is the final phase of the deadlift with the exception of the exit from the squat when only the extension of the body remains due to the work of the hamstrings and buttocks.
6. Triceps: press a narrow grip or push-ups on the uneven bars
The triceps are relatively small muscles, and therefore isolation here, unlike the same chest and bench dumbbell, is not needed. The more complex the exercise, the better.
7. Biceps: lifting standing with straight neck
You read about the basic exercises, but you’ll still be rocking the bittu, will not you? In that case, do it right. EZ-neck is more convenient, but it works out the biceps unevenly. Only the straight neck equally well loads both bundles of the biceps muscle of the biceps. Most likely, you will have to reduce the current working weight by 5-10%.
8. Shoulders: press dumbbells while standing or sitting
The width and roundness of the shoulders is given by the average bundle of deltas. When you carry out bench presses standing or sitting from the chest or even from behind the head, the accent inevitably shifts to the front beams. Dumbbells allow you to perform a press along the axis of the body, making maximum use of medium beams.
Sometimes the workouts seem monotonous, and some exercises cause discomfort. In these cases, recall the words of Paul Dillet:
Among dozens of exercises there are those in which kayfovo overcome a lot of weight. From them you grow.
Simply put, try a new one, look for your exercises and listen to the body.
When to start?
- 1 Food
- 2 Sports nutrition
- 3 Training
- 4 When to start?