Microsoft Corporation reported in its official blog about the release of a new, completely redesigned version of Outlook for Mac. The entire package of Microsoft Office for Mac will appear in the second half of 2015.
Office 365 subscribers will receive the next version of Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and oNeNote) for Mac at no additional cost. Also, Microsoft announced that it will issue an unlimited license for Office for Mac users.
Changes in the new version of Outlook for Mac:
- increased productivity and reliability
- New modern user interface with improved scrolling and tab switching
- Support for online archives when searching for Exchange mail
- support for the main list of partitions and improved access to the list of categories (name and color), synchronization between the Mac, Windows and OWA
- push support when delivering email
- Increased speed of the first start and download of e-mail with improved synchronization of the Exchange Web Service
Office 365 subscribers can download a new version of Outlook for Mac via their accounts in this service. For users who already have Outlook 2011 installed, follow the Microsoft instructions.